Jami Gertz has been in the entertainment business since the early 80s. The TV series that helped her achieve fame was known as Square Pegs. However, the diverse actor is also pursuing a business venture and is an investor.
If you haven’t seen Square Pegs, you might have seen The Neighbors or Still Standing. Jami Gertz stars in both. Here is everything you need to know about her.
Jami Gertz Net Worth
Jami Gertz is an incredibly wealthy actress. That is becasue she is also an investor, and while she had a widely successful career, her net worth is in great part a consequence of her marriage with wealthy financier Tony Ressler. The website Successtitan has estimated that Jami Gertz is worth over $3 billion.
Jami Gertz Age And Height
Jami Gertz was born on October 28, 1965. When you do the math, her age is 56. Her height is 5 feet and 5 inches.
Jami Gertz Husband
The actress has been married to Tony Ressler for the past thirty-two years. The couple got married in 1989. However, Gertz met Ressler in 1986, in her early 20s, through Susan Geller, her publicist.
After that, Ressler asked Gertz for brunch, and later on, they also met at a dinner party at his apartment. Gertz told the Hollywood Reporter that she had more money when she met Ressler. So, her story was not about a beautiful actress marrying a rich guy.
Instead, Gertz married Ressler because she was in love with him. Her husband is a co-founder of Apollo Global Management, a private equity firm.
Jami Gertz Movies And TV Series
Here are the top movies that Gertz has been a part of:
- 1981: On The Right Track and Endless Love
- 1984: Sixteen Candles
- 1986: Quicksilver
- 1987: The Lost Boys and Less Than Zero
- 1989: Silence Like Glass
- 1992: Jersey Girl
- 1996: Twister
- 2001: Lip Service
- 2006: Keeping Up with the Steins
Here are the top TV Series that Gertz has been a part of:
- 1982 – 1983: Square Pegs
- 1983: Different Strokes
- 1984: Family Ties
- 1991 – 1992: Sibs
- 1994: Seinfeld, This Can’t Be, Dream On, and Related By Birth
- 1997: ER
- 2000 – 2002: Ally McBeal Kimmy
- 2002 – 2006: Judy Miller
- 2011: Modern Family
- 2012 – 2014: The Neighbors
- 2016: This Is Us
- 2017: Difficult People
Jami Gertz Nominations And Awards
Here are some of the nominations and awards that Gertz has been a part of:
- In 1996, Gertz won Worst Supporting Actress for Twister at The Stinkers Bad Movie Awards
- In 2001, Gertz was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series. This nomination was for her appearance in Ally McBeal
- In 2004, Gertz shared the Young Artist Award for the Most Popular Mom and Pop in a TV Series with Mark Addy for Still Standing
Jami Gertz is a beautiful actress and a businesswoman, a combination that is rare to see in the industry. We would love to see more of her in the entertainment industry as she consistently wowed the audience with her performance. We can’t wait to see what she does next.